[HTTPS-Everywhere] Wikipedia problem

Bradford Patrick BradPatrick at baplegal.com
Mon Jul 19 08:45:55 PDT 2010

Sorry, same behavior.  Google search for random word, "birdhouse" turns up:

https://encrypted.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CGcQFjAP&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBirdhouse&ei=H3JETOfaC87SlQen3sSEAQ&usg=AFQjCNEw_YQCF53g-wKsczVclllktRm88g&sig2=4RjaBTP5LE5byUiXxRXhow

This in turn produces a 404, which redirects in five seconds to:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia/en/wiki/Birdhouse

Which doesn't exist. The correct URL is "https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Birdhouse"

Search your code for wherever "Wikipedia" is capitalized.  URLs are case sensitive in MediaWiki, and the /en/wiki/*W*ikipedia is the tell.

Good luck,

Brad