[HTTPS-Everywhere] EFF Ruleset

https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
Thu Dec 30 05:35:49 PST 2010

I'm aware of how STS works but I don't understand what you think is a
problem here. Can you explain in more detail?

The other changes to rulesets that you've mentioned so far strike me to
be micro-optimisations. I suspect that if you submit patches they'll be
accepted; the people running this project seem quite keen to accept
new/modified rulesets. *most* of the existing rulesets can probably be
optimised in one way or another.

Mike

On 29/12/2010 15:20, Drake, Brian wrote:
> In fact, if they failed to do this, wouldn’t it create a problem with
> STS (Strict Transport Security), which I understood the EFF to have
> implemented on all their systems that support it?
>
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 0452 (UTC-8), Drake, Brian
> <brian2 at drakefamily.tk <mailto:brian2 at drakefamily.tk>> wrote:
>
>     Then, as I originally asked, why doesn’t the EFF reprogram their
>     servers so that
>

>     https://secure.eff.org/wiretapping
>
>     and similar URLs return a redirect to whatever their preferred
>     address is instead of a 404 error?
>
>     On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 0304 (UTC-8),
>     <https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
>     <mailto:https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com>> wrote:
>
>         [snip]
>

>     --
>     Brian Drake
>     [snip]
>     All content created by me Copyright © 2010 Brian Drake. All rights
>     reserved.
>

> --
> Brian Drake
>
> Alternate (slightly less secure) e-mail: brian at drakefamily.tk
> <mailto:brian at drakefamily.tk>
> Alternate (old) e-mail: brianriab at gmail.com <mailto:brianriab at gmail.com>
>
> Facebook profile: Profile ID 100001669405117
> <https://ssl.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001669405117>
> Twitter username: BrianJDrake <https://twitter.com/BrianJDrake>
> Wikimedia project username: Brianjd
> <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/meta/wiki/User:Brianjd> (been
> inactive for a while)
>
> All content created by me Copyright © 2010 Brian Drake. All rights reserved.

--
Mike Cardwell https://secure.grepular.com/   https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell