[HTTPS-Everywhere] Vimeo login issue

Dan ALEXANDRU dantesoft at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 22:23:15 PST 2010

Hi,

I've attached my attempt to force the use of the secure login form on
Vimeo.com. The sign-in address is not advertised anywhere (but can be
deduced based on the certificate warning when guessing it).

The issue I have is that the secure form at
https://secure.vimeo.com/log_in includes
http://a.vimeocdn.com/images/land_cloud.png and thus does not get the
"secure connection" badge. (See my attempt to work around this.) But while
clicking on the cloud image shows that the extension replaced it with the
local data: URI, Firefox still doesn't show the badge.

Is this a bug in Firefox, or did I miss something (in the rule) ?

Dan

PS: The rules XML cannot be start with the BOM character (and fails
without a clue to this fact). I think the extension should support UTF-8
both with and without BOM.
PPS: The archives at https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/ are
impossible to search.