[HTTPS-Everywhere] https everywhere problem with fastestfox addon

Varun S maverickid87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:28:24 PDT 2010

To the most honourable addressed,

It is hoped that the addressed are familiar with the *FastestFox *addon.

It was recently discovered that *two of the features of FastestFox*,
(*awesomebar
enhancement & linkify text urls*(i haven't yet explored the problem with
this specific feature, could be unrelated to https-everywhere)) *were not
working*.

A trial and error disabling of every addon present in the test system was
done. It was* found that the awesomebar enhancement worked when
https-everywhere was disabled*.

*FastestFox *does a google search as characters are typed into the Location
Bar and lists the possible alternatives to the entered text. It is *suspected
that enforcement of https by the https-everywhere addon is the root of the
problem*.

We *offer no suggestions as to the problem with the "linkify text urls
feature"*. It may be presumed that this is entirely unrelated issue, but it
must be kept in mind that we are not entirely acquainted with the relevant
technical details.

The conjecture reached is not a result of rigorous, professional testing as
it is beyond our expertise. It is taken that the addressed will run their
own tests and reach their own conclusions.

Also, it is requested that we be granted the indulgence of being cced any
future correspondence discussing this issue.

We thank the eff for allowing the opportunity to engage in some old school
letter writing.

--
Calling forth the blessings of our Lord and Master, the Almighty,
Varun S.