[HTTPS-Everywhere] Glitch on page using Google Gadgets

Philip Brewer pbrewer at philipbrewer.net
Tue Aug 24 08:52:40 PDT 2010

A page on my site uses the Google Gadgets "Directions" gadget. When I'm running with https-everywhere enabled, I get an error whenever that page loads. Error text:

> The page at http://www-open-opensocial.googleusercontent.com says:
>
> The Google Maps API server rejected your request because you do not have permission to use this service over SSL.

If I try to actually use the gadget to get directions, I get "Missing or malformed url parameter."

If I disable https-everywhere and reload, it works fine.

If useful, you can see the page in question here:

http://www.ekoci.org/

(I tried to check the archives to see if this had already been reported, but got an error (403 Forbidden).)