[HTTPS-E Rulesets] New ruleset: sfconservancy.org

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Fri Apr 3 10:11:46 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 1:03 PM,  <michael at yanovich.net> wrote:
> On 04/03/2015 12:50 PM, Denver Gingerich wrote:
>> I've re-attached the same ruleset for Software Freedom Conservancy as
>> I see it's still not in the release version of HTTPS Everywhere today
>> and Iceweasel indicates I'm fully updated (running version 3.4.5).  Is
>> there something else I need to do to get this ruleset added to the
>> stable release?
>
> The latest version is 5.0.1.
>
> I think there is a problem with the upgrade system, it doesn't always
> seem to notice when there are new updates.
>
> https-everywhere-5.0.1.xpi (latest as of 2015-03-31)
>
> - - https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-5.0.1.xpi

Thanks very diagnosing that and apologies for not trying it with a
newer version.  I see that all the Firefox and Iceweasel versions I
have easily available to me do not support HTTPS Everywhere 5.0.1,
which is probably why the auto-updates haven't been working.  I will
try it out on a newer Firefox when I get a chance and report back if
there are still issues.

> And I assume the Software Freedom Conservancy's site is this,
> https://sfconservancy.org/
>
> It appears it is in the latest stable according to the HTTPS Everywhere Atlas:
>
> https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/atlas/domains/sfconservancy.org.html

Yes, that is our website and that looks like the ruleset I submitted.
Thanks for confirming that and sorry for the unneeded re-submission.

Denver
http://ossguy.com/