[HTTPS-E Rulesets] User rulesets broken again?

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Thu May 29 16:23:35 PDT 2014

On 05/27/2014 12:41 PM, Alexander Buchner wrote:
> On 25.05.2014 20:12, Christopher Liu wrote:
>> To whom it may concern:
>>
>> I think user ruleset support is broken again in 4.0development.17. The
>> symptoms are essentially the same as the last time it broke in .15:
>> the user rulesets do not appear in the options dialog nor in the
>> icon/Tools menu on pages where they should be applicable.
>>
>> I first opened the options dialog before browsing some pages to look
>> in the Tools menu entry. (I then panicked and downgraded.)
>>
>> I'm guessing this has something to do with "Re-enable ability to see
>> all rulesets in enable/disable dialog," but I haven't investigated
>> that thoroughly, so there's still reasonable doubt.
>>
>> Again, I would like some confirmation that you intend to continue
>> supporting the user ruleset feature in its present form or that you
>> will publicly document any plan to discontinue said feature. See my
>> previous email about .15 for examples of use cases.
>>
>> As usual, thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> C. Liu
>>

> For me it's the same.
> Are there plans to release a new development version that fixes this bug
> again?

Thanks for the report, it was indeed unintentionally broken! I think
this pull request fixes it:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/293 (testing appreciated).

I am on travel but will make a release fixing this when I get back.

Just to be sure: is this issue also appearing in the stable branch?

-Yan

--
Yan Zhu  <yan at eff.org>, <yan at torproject.org>
Staff Technologist