[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Untrusted certificate on pcworld.com

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:42:43 PDT 2014

Hey Brian,

I can't even reach PCWorld over HTTPS:

Unable to connect

> Iceweasel can't establish a connection to the server at www.pcworld.com.
>
>     The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
> few moments.
>     If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
> connection.
>     If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
> sure that Iceweasel is permitted to access the Web.

This probably means that (at least for now) they've taken down their HTTPS
website. It's not a matter of updating the ruleset, but disabling it by
default.

This, though, requires an update to the extension, and I'm not sure what
the policies for that are.

Yan, could you help? :)

Thanks,

Claudio

claudio at Chuck:~$ nmap -p443 pcworld.com www.pcworld.com

Starting Nmap 6.41SVN ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-03-11 21:42 GMT
Nmap scan report for pcworld.com (70.42.185.10)
Host is up (0.17s latency).
rDNS record for 70.42.185.10: www.pcworld.com
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
443/tcp closed https

Nmap scan report for www.pcworld.com (70.42.185.10)
Host is up (0.17s latency).
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
443/tcp closed https

Nmap done: 2 IP addresses (2 hosts up) scanned in 0.52 seconds