[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Untrusted certificate on pcworld.com

Brian Carpenter brian.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:00:08 PDT 2014

While visiting pcworld.com (
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2091801/5-alternatives-to-logmein-free-for-remote-pc-access.html)
with HTTPS Everywhere enabled in the latest Chrome stable build, I received
this notice from Chrome:

You attempted to reach *www.pcworld.com <http://www.pcworld.com>*, but the
server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by
your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has
generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for
identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your
communications.

The certificate is for localhost.localdomain and may indicate a
misconfiguration on the part of pcworld.com, but I don't have contact
information for them, at least not contact info for someone who would know
what I'm talking about. ;)

Might need to push out an update for the pcworld.com rules. Thanks!

Regards,

Brian 'geeknik' Carpenter
https://twitter.com/geeknik