[HTTPS-E Rulesets] From Development to Stable

Drake, Brian brian at drakefamily.tk
Mon Jan 13 21:18:51 PST 2014

Maybe people could opt-in to … is this where we would say “telemetry”? We
could collect information about how much the rules actually get used, as
well as things like redirect loops, to try to determine if a rule has been
tested enough with no problems being found.

What we desperately need as well is an easy way to find any issues already
reported with a ruleset.

For example, I when I was working on boohoo.com, I found many rulesets in
the development branch (but not yet in stable) that were relevant,
carefully checked the rules in them, and found many issues [1]. But since I
am not familiar with any of those domains, I might have missed something.
Or I might have reported issues that were already known. I have no idea.

[1]
https://lists.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere-rules/2014-January/001792.html

--
Brian Drake