[HTTPS-E Rulesets] HTTPS Everywhere 3.4.5 / Chrome 2014.1.3 released

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Mon Jan 13 06:38:35 PST 2014

On 01/13/2014 06:00 AM, Drake, Brian wrote:
> I don’t really know anything about Chrome and Opera add-ons, but I
> am surprised to see something about a “Mozilla addon store” being
> updated. This add-on is not on https://addons.mozilla.org/ and I
> don’t know what else it could be referring to.

It's not on the Mozilla store yet, but I was planning to put it there
as of this release. This is blocking on Mozilla fixing a bug where
HTTPS Everywhere won't upload to the store because Mozilla thinks that
it's there already for some reason (ugh).

- -Yan

> -- Brian Drake
>
> All content created by me: Copyright
> <http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/trtdocs_wo001.html> ©
> 2014 Brian Drake. All rights reserved.
>
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 0149 [WST (UTC+8)], Yan Zhu <yan at eff.org
> <mailto:yan at eff.org>> wrote:
>
> HTTPS Everywhere 3.4.5 has been released:
>
> https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-3.4.5.xpi
>
> - From the Changelog:
>
> 3.4.5 * Updated license * Updated README.md * Updated contributors
> list * Fix a performance bug when re-enabling HTTPS-Everywhere from
> its menu * Observatory cert whitelist update * Updated rules:
> Atlassian, Brightcove, MIT, Pidgin, Microsoft, Whonix,
> Skanetrafiken, Stack-Exchange, Stack-Exchange-mixedcontent
>

> HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome 2014.1.3 has been released:
>
> https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-chrome-2014.1.3.crx
>
> - From the Changelog:
>
> chrome-2014.1.3 * Various ruleset fixes * Various performance
> improvements, thanks to Nick Semenkovich and Jacob
> Hoffman-Andrews! * Add LRU caching for rules * Refactor out unused
> code * Reload page when rule is disabled * Upgrade URI.js * Add fi
> translation
>

> (The Chrome, Opera, and Mozilla addon stores have not yet been
> updated with these releases but will be soon!)
>
> -Yan

- --
Yan Zhu                           yan at eff.org
Technologist                      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x134