[HTTPS-E Rulesets] HTTPS Everywhere 3.5, 4.0dev.16, chrome-2014.4.14 released

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Wed Apr 16 10:09:15 PDT 2014

On 04/16/2014 09:46 AM, Russell William Golden wrote:

> Russell William Golden wrote:
>
>> (Replied again to send it to the mailing list. Silly standard giving a
>> need for reply all... *grumble grumble*)
>
>> Yan Zhu wrote:
>
>>> Under what conditions does this bug appear? I've been using the 3.5
>>> build from eff.org on FF28 without incident so far.
>
>>> -Yan
>
>> Firefox 24.4 ESR and SeaMonkey 2.21 ESR (both on CentOS/RHEL6). Tested
>> on XKCD and 7chan. Both worked on 3.4.5, but not 3.5. On 3.5, no sites
>> at all showed up in the rules enable/disable dialogue.
> The bug is not present on SeaMonkey 2.25 for Windows.

The sites-not-showing-up-in-enable/disable is a bug that Jacob is
working on; it was caused by migrating to a SQLite db for rulesets.

I just tested HTTPS Everywhere 3.5 on Firefox 24.4 ESR (Debian, 64-bit)
and it was working. My guess is that the bug has something to do with
your OS not liking the SQLite migration. Will look more.

Thanks for the bug report!