[HTTPS-E Rulesets] [HTTPS-Everywhere] Rulesets freeze, starting today

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Fri Apr 4 16:13:47 PDT 2014

Update: it's been 2 months! There have been surprisingly few
AARRRGGHH-level broken sites, but perhaps that is because not many users
are testing on the development.

I have merged all the patches (*not* new rulesets) sent to these lists
and opened as pull requests on Github; I've also fixed a few of the bugs
sent to the mailing list that seemed high priority. If you think that
I've missed your patch, let me know. (Reminder: patches will be merged
much faster if you format them with git format-patch or open pull
requests on Github.)

I've also marked the bugs reported via Github that should be fixed
before 4.0stable is ready:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/issues?milestone=1&page=1&state=open.
Fixes for any of those are welcome.

On the trac.torproject.org bug tracker [1], I've gone through most of
them and addressed anything that seemed urgent and easy to fix. Help
there would also be welcome (warning: trac is a mess!).

In general, if anyone finds a bug that is probably breaking the web for
a lot of users, please cc me in the email or put [URGENT] in the subject
line. Recent examples: StackExchange logins, pcworld.com.

I plan to release 4.0stable next week or the week after, depending on
how many fires we have to put out at EFF!

[1]
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&groupdesc=1&group=type&max=200&component=EFF-HTTPS+Everywhere&component=HTTPS+Everywhere%3A+Chrome&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&report=19

thanks!
Yan