[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Science Direct CSS & Javascript don't load in firefox 23+ with Sciverse.xml rues enabled

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 16 07:49:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

For users outside of the US (and possibly within), www.sciencedirect.com
loads css and javascript from an off-site server (in my case,
cdn.els-cdn.com).  Since these absolute links are http://, recent
Firefox builds with mixed content blocking enabled will not load them.
This makes sciencedirect quite difficult to use, as it's very js
dependent.

Disabling the Sciverse ruleset fixes this problem; I'm not sure whether
there's a more appropriate fix.  Thanks!

Matt

--
The best way to stop the NSA (and other people!) from reading your emails is to encrypt them:
http://bit.ly/15CljxO

The easiest way for most people to encrypt email is using thunderbird and enigmail:
http://mzl.la/15Q43AB

My public key is attached.  Please encrypt any personal mail you send to me!
Email me if you have questions.