[HTTPS-E Rulesets] MobyGames: image issues - split or disable?

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:02:01 PST 2013

To whom it may concern:

When loaded over https, many MobyGames pages mistakenly try to load
images from the unqualified domain "images". Previously this only
affected one specific image (used as a placeholder for missing cover
art), but a recent redesign of the site caused many more images to be
affected.

This is a separate issue from the existing pics.mobygames.com
workaround (which is still necessary).

A rule like the following would fix this:
<rule from="^https?://images/(small-cover-notonfile\.gif$|redesign/cover-notonfile.jpg$|shots/s/\d+-|portraits/small/\d+-)"
           to="https://www.mobygames.com/images/$1" />
except I assume you have a policy against writing rules that match
unqualified domains.
The easy thing to do would be to disable the ruleset, but we should
eventually consider splitting the coverage of non-user-visible paths
so we still have something to enable by default.

C. Liu