[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Fwd: "HTTPS Everywhere" compatibility issue

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 16:59:24 PDT 2013

> For the time being I'm keeping HTTPS Everywhere enabled in my browser, but
> whenever I
> want to access my account within Bing.com I have to disable it. This is
> quite tedious.
>
> I hope you can find a solution or a patch to this problem.

Hi,

have you considered disabling HTTPS Everywhere only for Bing.com?
>From HTTPS Everywhere preferences you can disable the Bing rule; in my
current version (which is not really up to date, I'm not on my primary OS
now), is called "Bing (partial)" and the 'partial' part refers to the fact
that it covers only a part of Bing website, and not all of it, therefore
causing problems with some part of the website, whic cannot be loaded over
HTTPS.

May I also suggest (to the developers reading) that the Bing rule may be
considered broken, and disabled by default in the next release?

Claudio