[HTTPS-E Rulesets] EdgeCast - one addition and one fix needed

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:36:39 PST 2013

To whom it may concern:

It appears that the 2-level domain edgecastcdn.net has working https.
For example of use, see www.perpetualkid.com, where the product images
are located under
edgecastcdn.net/800034/www.perpetualkid.com/productimages/...
(IIRC I mentioned this previously but made the mistake of burying it
in an overly long email)

I noticed that www.prodivnet.com uses the bucket
wac.55b9.edgecastcdn.net/8055B9/..., which 404s when rewritten to
gp1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8055B9/. For comparison, all other buckets
that work when rewritten by the rule in question seem to have "00" at
the beginning of the path (e.g. wac.36f4.edgecastcdn.net/0036F4/ - see
blog.wolframalpha.com for use).
My best guess is that we ought to limit the coverage of the rule accordingly:
<rule from="^https?://wac\.\w{4}\.edgecastcdn\.net/0"
to="https://gp1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/0" />
(This paragraph probably isn't relevant to the 3.x stable branch.)

As usual, thank you for your time and help.
C. Liu

P.S. The "For problematic rules..." comment can be removed, as it
refers to a ruleset which no longer exists under that name. (This
specifically concerns "edgesuite" domains; they are owned by Akamai,
but the ruleset for them was wrongly named originally.)