[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Bitly: s.bit.ly appears broken

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:37:49 PST 2013

To whom it may concern:

It appears that something is broken regarding the domain s.bit.ly; the
rewrite to s3.amazonaws.com/s.bit.ly/ returns 403.

I haven't yet checked whether an alternative rule is suitable (perhaps
it supports https natively, or equivalent content exists in bit.ly) -
but that may not be worth doing as the original request returns 410 in
http, implying that Bitly has shut down this service.

The specific URL for which I noticed the problem is
http://s.bit.ly/TweetAndTrack.js?v=1.01 ; for examples of use, see
http://blog.bitly.com/ and
https://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/012313-cybercriminals-show-skype-more-love-266052.html
(not all NetworkWorld articles seem to use this).

C. Liu