[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Fwd: Chrome Google Map bug with HTTPS-E

leez leez at eff.org
Thu Aug 8 15:12:18 PDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Chrome Google Map bug with HTTPS-E
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:59:26 +0100
From: Huw Robson <huw at gorgeview.org>
To: <webmaster at eff.org>

Hi - not sure how a non-developer like me can feed in bugs so please forward
as appropriate:

For some time in Chrome (on Windows) if I try to follow a Google Map place
of interest link: e.g. More Info, or even going to the featured businesses
web site direct, I'd get an Error 400 break.

Finally found a forum with lots saying they had this problem:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/maps/HFy1uLVh9x4

Then (today) someone posted the fix: disable HTTPS Everywhere. And it
worked.

Hopefully you can fix and let us know on that forum thread (I won't be going
back to enable and test often, so HTTPS-E is now off for me L)

Thought you should know

Cheers

Huw