[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Update The Pirate Bay ruleset for new .is domain

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 17:01:11 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Seth David Schoen <schoen at eff.org> wrote:

> That's not the same one I encountered yesterday when I wrote that the cert
> had been revoked.  This is the one I was seeing yesterday (from Starfield,
> not RapidSSL).

[snip]

That's odd... But still, in the Starfield CRL it specifies:

Serial Number: 2B915F6CCDE370
>     Revocation Date: Apr 25 17:52:12 2013 GMT
>     CRL entry extensions:
>         X509v3 CRL Reason Code:
>             Cessation Of Operation

So I think it's possible to assume that the new RapidSSL certificate is the
one that will be used from now on. I believe you jumped right in the middle
of a certificate change :/

That being said, what about the ruleset? Should it be reverted to the ".se"
version, or left on the ".is"? In my opinion, TPB is starting to use
separate certificates for each domain (but I might be really, really wrong
- if someone from TPB is reading this and can shed some light on this,
please do! :D ), so until they drop the .se domain we can keep using the
working one.. On the TPB forums they say it will be a matter of days, but
since we are changing it only for the development release, it should be
fine.

Or we can leave it disabled, but as I said, the old HTTPS site is better
than nothing...

Claudio