[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Cheezburger - clarification

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:02:02 PDT 2012

To whom it may concern:

It appears that I may need to make a few clarifications regarding the
Cheezburger ruleset. In roughly decreasing order of importance:

-The downgrades for the "bad protocol-relative links in the
navbars..." are important to the correct functionality of said links.
This was near the bottom of my last submission, reproduced here for
convenience:
   <rule from="^https://(advertising|blog|developer|feedback|jobs|sites)\.cheezburger\.com/?$"
           to="http://$1.cheezburger.com/" downgrade="1" />
   <rule from="^https://corp\.cheezburger\.com/(terms-of-service|privacy-policy|copyright-infringement-notification)/$"
           to="http://corp.cheezburger.com/$1/" downgrade="1" />
The navbars in question are those at the bottom of each page on
(failblog|icanhas|memebase|roflrazzi|thedailywhat).cheezburger.com;
see also the links "Create a Site"/"Tell me more"/"Cheezburger Blog"
under the "Moar"[sic] section at the top. These downgrades are meant
to cover only the exact problematic links I observed, as opposed to
everything that is excluded.

-chzb.gr is a bit.ly alias (ignore anything I previously said about
query parameters, which seem no longer to be in use)

-t.chzbgr.com was left out for some reason (why?). It is still in use
for user avatars, but you need to look at an individual post in order
to see it (e.g. https://cheezburger.com/6564409088 ). It's possible
that all requests to it may already be https even when the referring
page is http, but I don't know for sure whether that's true everywhere
in the Cheezburger Network.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by my overly verbose comments /
lack of coding style / etc.
C. Liu