[HTTPS-E Rulesets] 127 new rulesets/fixes for 4.0dev2

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 16:50:59 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM, <tlseverywhere at tormail.org> wrote:

> I dont really know how to maintain a repository through a
> shell/commandline so I thought if there would be an easy way to do it in a
> web interface, I would be glad to use it.

Well, I looked a bit into it and I don't think there's a way to manage a
git repo via GitHub web interface.

I don't know which operating system you are using, but if you're not
comfortable with a command line I assume you're using Windows. In this
case, you can try tortoisegit [1], that is a windows application to manage
a local repository.

It's simple to use, and once you set up a repository via the GitHub web
interface, in a few steps you're good to go.

In my opinion, though, spending half an hour to learn 4 simple command line
commands (cd, git add, git commit, git push) may be the best option
(especially if you're not a windows user).

A gitHub repository is the best idea I can think of. Of course, you can use
e-mails and zipfiles, but remember that there's someone who has to review
all your rules, and they have a lot of submissions to process, not only
yours (I noticed you added a greenpeace.org rule, and that particular rule
was added to the repository on Fri, 1 Jun 2012 21:24:32.

Cheers,

Claudio

[1] https://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/