[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Salsa Labs Ruleset

Chris Vaughn cvaughn at salsalabs.com
Tue Nov 27 10:09:49 PST 2012

Hi HTTPS Everywhere administrators,

My name is Chris Vaughn and I am a support manager with salsalabs.com.
We have been getting reports from Salsa users that the HTTPS Everywhere
add-on is causing links to break when they try to visit one of our
domains: wiredforchange.com.

Upon further inspection of the ruleset for Salsa Labs, it appears that
there's a rule in place to divert secure traffic from wiredforchange.com
to salsalabs.com:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/Salsa-Labs.xml

http://screencast.com/t/y3v0Imtvnpv

This is unfortunately causing all links sent via email from two nodes on
our system redirect to bad URLs. As a workaround, we are advising users
to turn off the add-on and/or disable the ruleset for Salsa Labs.

As a permanent fix, we would like for any rule for Salsa Labs diverting
traffic from one domain to another (i.e., from wiredforchange.com to
salsalabs.com) to be removed as soon as possible.  Rules moving from
http to https should be OK to keep.

Please let us know if there's a better or more efficient method for
submitting this fix and getting it patched.

Feel free to call me at 202-787-3675 or email us here if you need any
further information.

Thanks,

Chris V.

--

Chris Vaughn, Deputy Support Manager
SalsaLabs.com | "Ingredients for Organizing"