[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Disable wordpress.com by default

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Nov 15 16:13:45 PST 2012

Osama Khalid writes:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 08:33:35AM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > Is it possible that this is a result of tampering by a firewall
> > rather than an infrastructural problem on WordPress's side?
>
> AFAIR, I did, in fact, preform some tests using Wireshark and things
> seemed normal.  I will retry that again.  Please note that the error
> message is not consistent, and that Saudi government is not known to
> have such sophisticated censorship tools.

I find this issue interesting because people in other countries don't
seem to be having this problem.  I can't reproduce it from networks
in the U.S. so far, which sets me thinking about national firewall
issues.  I can also try to contact WordPress to see if they have any
idea what's going on.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/