[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Suggested enhancements (affecting Adobe, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Flickr, Mozilla, UCSD, Wikipedia)

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 00:48:45 PDT 2012

Colonel Graff,

I have started to look over the current rules as listed at
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules
, and I am not sure I correctly understand a couple of your previous
comments.

With regard to ccrma.stanford.edu and the Adobe/Typekit stuff, you
said these are "already covered." However, I don't see
ccrma.stanford.edu in
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/Stanford-University.xml
(possibly it already enforces https, so someone decided not to include
it?).
As for Adobe, I see from
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/Adobe.xml
that use.typekit.com is already covered, but not www.macromedia.com /
typekit.com / use.typekit.net .
If you need an example page where use.typekit.net is found, see
https://typekit.com/fonts and
http://azcivicleadership.org/civic-leadership-academy/

Again, thank you for your time and help.

C. Liu