[HTTPS-E Rulesets] the book depository problems

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Tue Jan 31 11:40:32 PST 2012

Aleksander Kamenik writes:

> I'm trying to figure out the bugs that the bookdepository rules have.
>
> The first issue is when submitting a search query Firefox displays a
> warning saying I'm about to submit data from a https site to a http
> site.
>
> The warning comes up before HTTTPS-E converts the http link to a https
> link. It does convert it after I press Continue of course.
>
> How could this be fixed?

This problem has come up with other search-site rules involving the
submission of a form to a hard-coded HTTP target.  It seems like it
needs to be fixed on the sites (don't hard-code the protocol scheme
in the form submission target) or in Firefox (change the rules for
when this warning is displayed so that HTTPS Everywhere gets to
rewrite the target before the warning appears).

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/