[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Clarifications - UCSD ruleset

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:33:27 PST 2012

To whom it may concern:

This is to clarify some things I said in my last couple of emails.

First of all, maeweb.ucsd.edu belongs to the Mechanical & Aerospace
Engineering department; sorry for not checking first. It works fine in
https; no major testing remains to be done. (For context, this relates
to the proposed addition of several domains which were found as
SubjectAltNames from www-cse.ucsd.edu, of which maeweb is one)

Regarding the issue of contact information, I was aware all along that
this mailing list is publicly archived. I was expecting that users
would more likely look at the ruleset file than the list archives.
However, I didn't anticipate that changes in the build process would
cause comments to be stripped from rulesets. I do not want to give out
my UCSD-assigned email address, but I am okay with people contacting
me at this one for questions about the ruleset.

Finally, I know I ought to use the Git repository and the Trac
bugtracker, but I've still been somewhat busy with school issues.
Sorry for sending in things faster than you can handle. With that in
mind, expect another email from me in a few days, with minor comments
on some other rulesets (I'll try to be reasonable).

Again, thank you for all your hard work.

C. Liu