[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Broken sites - Akamai (Speedera), Automattic, Discover Magazine; also typo in CacheFly

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:33:46 PST 2012

To whom it may concern:

Here are a few more defects that I hadn't yet caught at the time of my
last email.

- I noticed that the domain ssl.speedera.net doesn't exist anymore;
the rule that uses it in the Akamai ruleset should probably be
removed.

- Automattic ((www.)automattic.com) is broken for certificate-related reasons

- Discover Magazine (discovermagazine.com) had a redesign and/or
change of hosting, and it is no longer listening for https
connections.
(The ruleset was already disabled in the stable branch because there
used to be an expired certificate, though it was reenabled in the
development branch at some point. The default_off note should be
revised accordingly. Also, CDN buckets: cdn.media.discovermagazine.com
= d2lcm6dnbncm78.cloudfront.net )

- The downgrade that was added for CacheFly in
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/commitdiff/8af9ef01c2dabd7631c02cb06d0436cfbf3896a8
appears to contain a typo in the "to" field (look at the domain name).

Sorry I didn't get the first few of these together in time for the 3.1
release ... thank you for bearing with me as usual.
C. Liu