[HTTPS-E Rulesets] linuxfoundation.org ruleset pull request

Eric Searcy emsearcy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:54:00 PDT 2012

Pull request (2 commits) for *.linux.com and Linux Foundation-related rules.

http://git.linuxfoundation.org/emsearcy/https-everywhere.git

* Move video.linux.com to Linux.com.xml for consistency

* Update rule for lists.linux-foundation.org to also redirect the domain
without the hyphen, use non-hyphen for redirect destination of both, and
add related lists.* domains for others that are already in the ruleset
(fossbazaar, spdx)

* Remove the rule for (www\.)?linux-?foundation.org rewrites.  As the
site currently has it's own internal conditions for redirects to both
HTTPS *and* back to HTTP there aren't any cases for this rule is able to
change to HTTPS.  There was a thread about this in February[1]; I
understand that there is a feature to prevent infinite redirects but
some users were seeing infinite redirects.

(the referenced message suggests default_off; if that is a better
solution than feel free to do that instead, but since in no case is the
rule going to be able to switch an otherwise HTTP page to HTTPS I
thought removing the rule would provide more clarity.)

[1]
https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere-rules/2012-February/000972.html

Regards,

Eric

p.s. I do realize the site's behavior is "a step backwards" from the
goal of this extension; at the moment the behavior just "is what it is"
and I'm just trying to make sure the ruleset conforms to that behavior.