[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Uncpaturing patterns

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Wed Sep 28 05:25:22 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 02:37:24PM -0700, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> Ok.  I view this as a performance/readability tradeoff.  I'm not
> super keen on making our regexps harder to read unless we're sure
> the performance win is real and important.

Does it cause real readability issues? It seems that people who could
get confused are those who are either unaware of the expression or
those who may wonder why only some of the rules use it. The first type
aren't the ones that should limit what we ought to use, and once all
of our rules are using the same pattern, the second type won't be
confused.

--Osama Khalid