[HTTPS-E Rulesets] LastPass rule breaks extension functions

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Sep 27 12:55:22 PDT 2011

This is an instance of a general bug we have with extensions that make HTTP
requests which HTTPS Everywhere tries to rewrite into HTTPS requests:

There are three possible fixes:

1. We disable the LastPass rule :(

2. LastPass modifies its code to always use HTTPS, or to be aware of HTTPS
   Everywhere in the same way that the Request Policy extension did:

3. Mozilla implements an official request rewriting API so that extensions
   don't have to know about each other.

We can do 1, but perhaps someone should post in that forum to see if LastPass
woudl like to do 2?

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131