[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Problem with atdmt ruleset

Christopher Liu cmliu00151 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:16:05 PDT 2011

To whom it may concern:

Sorry for not mentioning this in my previous email as I had trouble
reproducing it until now, but the atdmt. com ruleset may need to be
default_off'd or modified to remove the clk subdomain.

Specifically, the previous submitter put in a comment stating "view.
atdmt. com removed because it encrypts Microsoft download page..." but
there is another problem regarding Microsoft-affiliated sites: During
logout from a Hotmail account, URLs similar to https :// clk. atdmt.
com/MRT/go/347358314/direct/01/ may be hit. This tries to redirect to
a page on https :// www .beautyoftheweb. com, which doesn't accept
HTTPS connections at all.

I don't know enough about the situation to determine whether an
exclusion could be written (i.e., whether it is only this exact URL or
what similar URLs are problematic).

C. Liu