[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Small Glitch with your exention as concerned with the Google Website

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Sep 15 17:07:04 PDT 2011

mike anderson writes:

> Hello, I recently downloaded your extension and notice that it glitches on the google main site.  what I saw is that it disabled all the menu options to various google services minus the account link.  Attach is an image of what I see.  Of course, my initial thought it was instant search that might be causing the problem, but I tried it out and the problem was still there.  So its something that needs to be looked at.
>
> I also, disabled all the rules and that still didn't work and so if it happen to Google it could happen elsewhere.

Hi,

The Google HTTPS homepage (and search result pages) look very different
from the non-HTTPS ones, including a different selection of services
available.  Are you seeing something beyond that difference?  (Have you
previously tried using Google in HTTPS manually by going to
https://encrypted.google.com/ ?)

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/