[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Google Maps

Mike Cardwell https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
Fri Sep 2 07:09:31 PDT 2011

GoogleMaps.xml had a default_off value of "Breaks Street View" but in my
testing, street view works fine with it enabled. I don't know if this is
because something has changed since that ruleset was made?

Anyway, I've made a bunch of additions to the ruleset to make it work
with country specific versions of Google Maps and to work with the maps
apis. I've tested it out on third party sites that have embedded maps as
well, and it seems to be working fine for me.

I have pushed my ruleset changes to
git://github.com/mikecardwell/https-everywhere.git and I have changed
the default_off reason from "Breaks Street View" to "Needs More
Testing". The diff is here:
https://github.com/mikecardwell/https-everywhere/commit/4e554d81a5601a79b185e07c17f7e45f12df2bf3

Please fetch my changes and let me know if they cause any problems anywhere.

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell