[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Lenovo rules break the EPP page and the "Friends and Family" redirect

Mike Cardwell https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
Thu Sep 1 11:16:45 PDT 2011

On 01/09/11 19:00, Josh Triplett wrote:

>> What is the exact URL you are looking at?
>
> https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/lenovofamily/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=1A6A3D02F7AA4873976FC8168DDA8C77&current-category-id=7162ACCF009D2872F8BA28660C1EC3B5&action=init
>
> I have no confidence that that URL will remain working, but you can
> reach that page by starting from lenovo.com/friendsandfamily, clicking
> Notebooks, then ThinkPad, then T Series, and then "View Models" under
> the T520.
>
> That page loads fine over http, but over https it never loads anything
> below the large banner saying "widescreen portability packed with
> power", and the status bar gets stuck on "Connecting to
> www.lenovovision.com".

Using both Firefox and Chrome, using both https and http, I've gone
directly to that URL, and also via the friendsandfamily route, and it's
worked for me every time, exactly the same... Are you still seeing this
issue? Could it be something else about your system that is preventing
it from working?

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell