[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Fwd: Verizon

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Nov 30 15:35:22 PST 2011

Hi Henry,

This is a bad interaction between HTTPS Everywhere and a bug in Verizon's
site.  Their JavaScript code redirects a page back from HTTPS to HTTP, which is
insecure but also exposes this limitation in our code:

We will include a workaround in the next release of HTTPS Everywhere, but in
the mean time, you can reenable HTTPS Everywhere but disable the Verizon
ruleset if you wish (just go to a Verizon page, click on the HTTPS Everywhere
button in the toolbar, and uncheck the Verizon ruleset).

It would also be really nice if someone could ask Verizon tech support to
remove the insecure JavaScript redirections from HTTPS to HTTP.

----- Forwarded message from "Henry S. Winokur" <henwin at verizon.net> -----