[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Conventions about toggling default_off in a ruleset

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Nov 17 10:15:13 PST 2011

This may have been discussed here previously, but I've written it down more
clearly now:

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/rulesets#default_off

When you add default_off to a ruleset, be sure to change the ruleset name;
when you remove default_off, likewise.  By convention, an off ruleset should
have a parenthetical in its name.

This requirement might go away if we ever implement a distinction in our
about:config variables between rulesets that are on because the user turned
them on, and those that are merely on by default:

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131