[HTTPS-E Rulesets] More ruleset comments

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Wed Nov 9 17:56:56 PST 2011

Mike Cardwell writes:

> I have addressed most of the issues in this email in my git repository.
> Please pull from git://github.com/mikecardwell/https-everywhere.git
>
> There are inline comments for Christopher regarding what has been done,
> and what hasn't.

Thanks, Mike.  It would be great if Christopher and other people who are
doing lots of research and bug fixing could begin to use git and send us
git pull requests (or git patches that we can apply).  We have
successfully helped at least one contributor who had never used git
before get started with it.

We appreciate all of the work that Christopher and other contributors have
been doing as well as their inclusion of detailed rationales for their
changes, but we can definitely go a lot faster and a lot more smoothly if
more contributors -- especially those who submit the largest numbers of
changes and new rules! -- can adopt git to integrate with our version
control.

We understand that one of the reasons that people might not be using git
is that our hints on how to do it are not yet clear enough, so if that's
the case we'd also love to know and we can work on producing some advice
on how to get started with git that's clearer and faster.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/