[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Was www.google.com/jsapi fixed?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu May 19 11:07:34 PDT 2011

Osama Khalid writes:

> www.google.com/jsapi rule has been disabled because it used to display
> an error message six months ago. The changelog entry said "that bug
> *might* have been fixed".
>
> Now it seems that Google officially recommends using the HTTPS version
> of that API, see:
> * https://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/loader/
> * https://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/websearch/docs/
> * https://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/maps/documentation/premier/guide.html
>
> I suggest re-enabling that rule.

The NORAD test case doesn't work now because it's not Christmastime,
but I found that some people had trouble with HTTPS Everywhere and
Gowalla before the jsapi rule was commented out.  Currently Gowalla
appears to work (successfully embedding a Google map with map tiles
getting served over HTTPS) so I think this is indeed fixed, although
it's also possible that Gowalla subscribed to Google's premium
service in the interim.  Does someone else have a test case?

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107