[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Replacing S3.xml

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Fri May 13 01:33:54 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 01:07:22PM +0300, Osama Khalid wrote:
> Currently, the Amazon S3 ruleset is limited. Here is a replacement for
> it with a more suitable name, AmazonWebServices.xml. It provides
> support for the following domains:

It seems that my previous rule broke some AWS sub-domains. This can be
seen on getmiro.com which uses s3.getmiro.3.0.com.s3.amazonaws.com for
most of its CSS/images/JS but AWS HTTPS certificate only supports
fist-level subdomain with the pattern *.s3.amazonaws.com.

To fix this, please replace that last rule with the following one:

  <rule from="^http://([^@:\./]+\.)?s3\.amazonaws\.com/" to="https://$1s3.amazonaws.com/" />

--Osama Khalid