[HTTPS-E Rulesets] YouTube rule and embedded video

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Sun May 8 20:44:44 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 04:03:59PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> That's fascinating!  I should probably talk with someone at YouTube
> or Adobe to find out if this introduces any vulnerability, because
> crossdomain.xml is the cross-domain policy for Adobe Flash Player.

Nice.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the fact that the
certificate covers several domains while the "Common Name" is just
"*.google.com"? Wget couldn't resolve it and showed:

  ERROR: certificate common name “*.google.com” doesn’t match
  requested host name “www.youtube.com”.

Maybe Flash has a similar bug?

--Osama Khalid