[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Google Reader AU

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed May 4 08:31:54 PDT 2011

Hi Matthew,

Sorry we missed this previously, and thanks for reminding us about it.  We
can't merge the rule you have directly, because it will interact with searches
and other non-Reader queries on google.com.au in complicated and probably
broken ways.  We'll have to add a Reader case to all the ccTLD rules in
Google.xml, and send it to one of two places:

1. https:// {google.com.au|google.co.uk|google.ae|etc} /reader/view

2. https://google.com/reader

I'm not sure which of these is preferable.  This is also the first case that
someone has raised of an HTTPS service being available from each google ccTLD
domain.  I'm sure there are others out there though...

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131