[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Bug: 0.9.9.dev.4 brakes pasting and signing up on pastebin.com

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Tue Mar 29 10:30:18 PDT 2011

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Https Everywhere 0.9.9.dev.4 brakes pasting and signing up on pastebin.com
>
> If the rule for pastebin.com is active pastebin returns "you can not
> create an empty paste" if one wants to paste something.
>
> Also it's not possible to sign up there. It shows the form to do so, but
> when one does submit it, pastebin reload the form.
>
> I confirmed that it's related to this addon (it's rule), because it
> works when the rule (or the addon) is disabled.

Thanks, I set it off by default.  Note that this change only affects
people who install a development version from scratch in the future,
and does not affect people who upgrade to a future development release
from a previously-installed development release.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107