[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Fixed reddit.com rules

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:48:08 PST 2011

Here are my reddit.com rules, I've been testing them for a few months:

<ruleset name="Reddit.com">
  <target host="reddit.com" />
  <target host="www.reddit.com" />
  <target host="thumbs.reddit.com" />
  <target host="pixel.reddit.com" />

  <securecookie host="reddit\.com$" name=".*" />

  <rule from="^http://(www\.)?reddit\.com/" to="https://www.reddit.com/"/>
  <rule from="^http://thumbs\.reddit\.com/" to="https://thumbs.reddit.com/"/>
  <rule from="^http://pixel\.reddit\.com/" to="https://pixel.reddit.com/"/>
</ruleset>

Only flaw is that the cookie is not set to secure=Yes no matter what I do (tried
various regexes); checked via Web Developer add-on and via classic preferences
menu.

I haven't seen any relevant warning/error in console, tried to look through the
sources, but no idea so far why this is happening (tried latest git head
6331e23a834f04cd17d887acc47261a882a493df). The same approach works for other
sites, though.

Other strange thing: few days ago, custom rules were deleted from my profile (as
far as I can remember I did not update HTTPS Everywhere at that time).

Regards,
OM