[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Eleven new rulesets including W3C, Ontario Lung Association, among others

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Jun 9 16:22:58 PDT 2011

mezzanine at Safe-mail.net writes:

> Attached to this message is a gzipped archive that contains the
> following rulesets:
> * A partial ruleset for the W3C organization. This ruleset
>   specifically applies to certain images that may be hotlinked
>   by third party sites i.e. "Valid HTML" badges. (Among other
>   things, this may reduce issues with mixed content.)

W3C subsequently told us that they are going to deliberately make
all these images 404 because they don't want the overhead.  I think
that's too bad, but on the bright side, they said that the 404
error text will urge people to serve the images from their own
sites.  Thus, if you find any site that tries to load a W3C Valid
icon inline from W3C's site, you can try to persuade the site to
start serving it locally.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/