[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Google Images?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Mon Jun 6 13:57:12 PDT 2011

Colonel Graff writes:

> WFM

There's now a rule in git, which you can get a copy of from

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/Google-Images.xml

I'd be glad if people could try it out.  This rule tries to
work around the fact that there's no apparent HTTPS version
of the Google Images homepage, but that submitted image
search queries can now be secure.  Combined with our other
Google rules, it seems to be fully secure against a passive
eavesdropper even if you start your search at

http://images.google.com/

although the individual image results (imgres) are still
insecure.

If this works properly, I can merge it into the main Google
rules.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/