[HTTPS-E Rulesets] 9 new and updated rules

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Jul 21 17:24:42 PDT 2011

810d4rk writes:

> Wikipedia rule is now updated to add two subdomains and google is
> updated to add google.com/preferences plus some new rules.

The Wikipedia change is extremely useful because it comes close to
eliminating the mixed content problem that made the Wikipedia rule
almost useless for privacy on most Wikipedia pages.  Thanks!  I'm
very excited about that one and I hope Wikimedia is well-prepared
for some more HTTPS traffic.

Can you give a URL example showing why the Google change is
needed?  I'm a bit behind on understanding people's proposed
changes to it and it looked like you're proposing to rewrite all
of www.google.com.

The other rules are also a big help, but I'm trying to combine some
of them into existing rules.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/