[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Microsoft (portions) does NOT work on HTTPS (Remove from 1.0.0Dev)

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Jul 21 16:22:35 PDT 2011

Victor Garin writes:

> I wanted to download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
>
> I went to http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor
>
> then when I click "Download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" it gives me
> a blank HTTPS page:
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en
>
> Not sure if HTTPS Everywhere can remove selectively for example:
>
> IF Microsoft URL has "FamilyID" don't use https.

Yes, it's called an "exclusion pattern", like

<exclusion pattern="^http://www\.microsoft\.com/.*FamilyID" />

Want to test it after adding that to your Microsoft.com rule?  If
that fixes this problem, we can certainly put that in by default.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/