[HTTPS-E Rulesets] [HTTPS-Everywhere] "make uncommitted" becoming obsolete; new XML format, and other goodies

https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com
Thu Jul 14 02:45:53 PDT 2011

On 14/07/2011 10:39, Claudio Moretti wrote:

> If I have not misunderstood, is that you can add rules without
> reinstalling HTTPSEverywhere; you add custom rules in your profile and
> they're interpreted. (Like rules for an internal network)

You can already add your own custom rulesets to HTTPS-Everywhere without
reinstalling. You just add them to the "HTTPSEverywhereUserRules"
directory in your profile.

I'm asking what is the point of combining rulesets into rulesetlibrary's
if they're going to be combined on build anyway. From what I read, it
seems like it was done for performance reasons, but I don't see how that
can be the case if they all end up getting combined anyway...

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell