[HTTPS-E Rulesets] 1.0.0development.3 released

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Jul 5 09:27:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 03:36:15AM -0700, Victor Garin wrote:
> Little confused here.
>
> Do you mean you are not going to ship any new rulesets in
> 1.0.0development.x releases?

There were some new rulesets added between 1.0.0development.1 and
1.0.0.development.2, but there won't be any new rulesets shipped in
development releases until one of these releases has proved stable enough to
become 1.0.0.

> I am sure some want to be on the bleeding edge, and some want beta,
> and the rest want stable. But HTTPS Everywhere has 2 devs and 1
> stable. Just a thought maybe rename "0.9.9.development.6.xpi" to
> "0.9.9.beta.6.xpi"?

Part of the issue is that because of Firefox's excellent auto-update
mechanism, it gets quite complicated to have more branches of releases
(bleeding edge, beta, stable) with their own well-defined upgrade series.  So
at least for the next few weeks I want the dev branches to be more "beta" than
"bleeding edge" -- they can become more adventurous again later.

> Also would blog.netflix.com not supporting HTTPS be considered a
> bugfix that needs to be in 1.0?
>
> See commit: https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/commit/46b90452131b97f120c96571115c21708260bcf1

Yes, thanks.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131